This is a quick summary for my own reference around how to write
- Write complete questions and answers. Make sure that each question is asked and answered fully.
- Use plain language.
- Avoid sales language.
- Add Q&A schema.
Answer the question
- Be concise, and answer upfront
- You usually only have ~3 sentences to fit an answer into (look at how many words/chars are in some example answers).
- Make the first half of the first sentence the answer, then elaborate.
- Meet the search intent
- Yes/No question, answer Yes/No. If there is more complexity, then elaborate. “Yes, but” is better than no answer at all.
- numerical question – give a numerical answer
- time/date question – give a time/date answer
- price based question – give a $xxx answer or a range, or a from $x