I help Shopify websites to get seen, get clicks and grow sales from organic search in Google, using SEO.
SEO 💔 Shopify?
You can do SEO on Shopify. Just like any other ecommerce platform.
The often cited SEO shortcomings of Shopify tend to be technical. With an informed understanding of the platform and theme architecture, most of these limitations can be easily worked around when necessary.
Every website site has its own unique set of strengths, weaknesses and opportunities in SEO. Shopify sites are no exception. Sometimes problem areas are obvious, sometimes less so. I help to discover what those gaps are. Prioritize them by complexity & cost vs likely benefit. Then I get things done.
A robust SEO strategy should consider (at least) 3x core areas: technical site setup, off-page authority and on-page relevancy. Combining everything to work together is what creates long-term, sustainable organic performance and growth.
SEO I can help you with:
- Keyword & topic research for ecom
- Topic vs. on-page relevancy improvement
- Shopify site migrations – for replatforms or rethemes
- Content strategy, through to brief & publishing
- Link acquisition strategy & execution
- Local SEO for ecommerce
- Technical SEO & site audits, with prioritized recs
- Ecommerce SEO
- Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager config
- Shopping feed & Google Merchant Centre config
- Growth from organic with business KPIs first:
checkouts ($) ← clicks/traffic ← visibility ← deliverables
- Competitor benchmarking, from kw research
- Market opportunity forecasting, from kw research
= total keyword click potential x CvR x AOV
Thinking about getting some help?
If you know exactly what needs doing, or if you are struggling with where to start I can help!
Get in touch for a no-obligation chat. Open to freelance SEO consulting work on a per-project, retainer or hourly basis.